COVID-19 Awareness Updates
Friday 3 July, 2020
As you know, the past few months have been challenging and have impacted us all in many ways. We are delighted to see so many Families returning to care and are so excited to welcome you back!
As we see an ongoing easing of restrictions, we continue to adapt to the changing landscape to support our Families’ needs. However we may need to alter plans at some Services in line with Government guidelines should a localised spike of cases reappear.
We are here to support our Families so please speak to your Service Manager to find out about the multiple flexible care options available including:
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (ACCS) which is a short-term payment that can assist families experiencing temporary financial hardship due to an event that happened in the last 6 months such as Job loss, reduced income etc.
- Sessional Care which allows families to make the most of your Child Care Subsidy (CCS) hours. Sessions may be approved for 6, 9 or 10 hours
Additional Support for our Families
We are very excited to be launching a new support program to assist Families who are transitioning back into the workforce. We will be communicating the details of this to all Families shortly, so stay tuned!
To assist with our continued forward-planning, including rostering of staff, we would appreciate if you notify your Service Manager of any changes relating to your care requirements and to discuss your ongoing care needs.
HESTA Awards are Now Open
The HESTA awards are now open for nominations until 23 September 2020. Busy Bees Services have been instrumental in supporting Essential Workers during COVID-19, so we believe this is a great opportunity to recognise their tremendous efforts!
Please nominate your child’s Educator with a story worth celebrating in the categories of:
- Advancing Pedagogy & Practice
- Outstanding Organisation
- Individual Leader
The link to the nomination form can also be accessed here and we also ask that everyone within our Services take some time to nominate their peers and leaders.
Prior to COVID-19, as part of our ongoing commitment to enhancing our Family experience and our Operational Excellence, we had partnered with KindyNow to provide Families with an easier way to notify of child absences and book casual days. As you may have been aware, over the past three months the KindyNow App had been turned-off but as transition to a Child Care Subsidy (CCS) model the KindyNow App will be turned back on from Friday 10 July 2020, in preparation for the week beginning 13 July 2020.
With KindyNow, you can:
- Notify your Service when your child will be absent
- Book a casual day of care from your smartphone, including out of hours
- Receive notifications when a vacancy becomes available
Simply download the KindyNow app to get started:
Updating your Income and Activity Test
It is important for Families to update your income and activity levels as Child Care Subsidy (CCS) is starting again on 13 July 2020.
If you were receiving CCS before 6 April 2020, it will automatically start again if you’ve stayed eligible and your enrolment is current and confirmed. Follow these five steps to make sure you’ve stayed eligible and receive the right amount of CCS:
- Provide Centrelink your 2020–21 family income estimate to receive the correct CCS percentage and avoid an overpayment.
- Check your activity hours to receive the correct amount of hours of CCS per fortnight*.
- Make sure your child meets immunisation requirements.
- Check your child’s enrolment details are current with your child care service and re-enrol if you need to.
- Confirm your income for 2018–19 if you haven’t already by 30 June 2020.
*From 13 July 2020, the Australian Government is easing the activity test for CCS. This means you may be able to apply for extra activity hours if COVID-19 has affected you. There will be more information about how to do this in July.
If you have any further questions in regards to the above, please visit the Services Australia website via the following link: Services Australia.
All prior communications sent to Families for your reference can be located on the Busy Bees Website https://www.busybees.edu.au/corona-virus-updates
Thank you for your continued support as we look forward to welcoming you back into our Services.
Chief Executive Officer