Chicken & Spinach Skillet Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut
into 1” pieces
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 bag fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Add olive oil to a deep skillet or saute pan and place over medium heat. Add the chopped chicken and cook, stirring frequently. Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning, a touch of salt, and fresh ground pepper, and continue cooking for 3–4 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan and add onions. Cook for 2–3 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for 1–2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add broth, tomatoes, pasta, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the cooked chicken and bring to a boil, cover the skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in half-and-half and mozzarella. Simmer for 1–2 minutes until warmed through and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in fresh spinach until it wilts from the heat of the pasta. Add parmesan and serve