- 450g plain flour
- 315g butter
- 35g caster sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- Icing sugar, a light dusting
- Mix the sugar and butter together until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest, and stir in well.
- Add the flour.
- Dust a clean surface with flour and roll out the shortbread.
- Cut out shapes using a 6cm cookie cutter or into rectangle fingers.
- Place them individually on a baking sheet, and chill them.
- Bake in the oven for 12–15 mins at 180°C.
- Leave to cool, and then dust lightly with icing sugar.