Safeguarding Our Children
Our dedication to ensuring the safety and well-being of every child, both within our care and beyond, forms the cornerstone of our approach to early years education and care. Recognising the paramount significance, we extend our support and guidance not only to our parents, families, and employees but to all concerned individuals. In the event of any apprehensions regarding a child’s welfare, we are committed to directing you to the appropriate resources and guidance.
Busy Bees is proud to be a corporate partner with Bravehearts who have been protecting children for the past 25 years.
For comprehensive insights into various forms of abuse, signs to watch for, potential impacts, and a holistic perspective on safeguarding your child, we encourage you to consult the Busy Bees Child Protection Parent’s Guide. This resource equips you with the necessary information to ensure your child’s safety and provides guidance to families.
Children should always be treated with kindness and respect — they should never experience harm, abuse or exploitation of any kind. We are dedicated to protecting the children in our care.
Parents and caregivers play a crucial role in protecting children from harm and helping them navigate the challenges of the modern world.
Safeguarding resources can help parents and caregivers to understand potential risks and provide you with the tools and strategies you may need to keep your child(ren) safe. Being able access to these resources, we can assist in providing help confidence in parent and caregivers ability to protect children and promote healthy development.
Safeguarding resources can help parents and caregivers recognise warning signs of danger or potential harm and take appropriate action. These resources may also provide parents and caregivers with guidance on how to have important conversations with their children about safety.
Safeguarding resources are an important way to support families and help children thrive in a safe and healthy environment. By providing parents and caregivers with the resources they need, we can help them fulfill their role as primary caregivers and keep their children safe.
- Be You – Fact Sheets
- Emerging Minds – Community Trauma Toolkit
- Emerging Minds – Supporting Children’s Mental Health During a Pandemic Toolkit
- COVID-19 and Children’s Safety
- Sexual Behaviours in Children – Traffic Lights Framework
- Bravehearts – Responding to Disclosures
- Bravehearts – Sexualised Behaviour in Children
- Bravehearts – Teaching Children about Consent
- Bravehearts – Teaching Children Personal Safety
- Child Safe Standards
- National Principles
Our Busy Bees policies relating to safeguarding are important tools for ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from harm. These policies outline procedures and guidelines for preventing and responding to incidents of abuse, neglect, and other forms of harm, as well as any policies directly relating to safeguarding.
- Child protection and safeguarding policy
- Child safe and physical environments policy
- Delivery and collection of children policy
- Work health and safety policy
- Medical conditions policy
- Safeguarding commitment statement
- Code of conduct policy
- Code of conduct global policy
- Supervision policy
- Respectful relationships with children policy